There are few restaurants and shops serving traditional sabahan cuisine in Sabah. But if you are looking for an affordable Traditional Sabahan Cuisine in Kota Kinabalu area, perhaps you should add Punya Sadap into your list.
It is easy to locate this small shop. You just need to walk to Asquare Container Night Market, which is located in between Wawasan Plaza Shopping Mall and Promenade Hotel Kota Kinabalu.
What do they serve?
They serve Kadazan Dusun traditional cuisine including:
- Lomiding (local wild fern)
- Bosungan (marinated and deep fried big-eyed scads)
- Sunsulag (root of water yam)
- Bosou or nonsom sayur (fermented vegetables)
- Losun (wild spring onions)
- Hinava (fish salad with mixture chilli, ginger, shallots, bitter gourd and lime dressing)
- Linopot (rice mixed with boiled yam and steamed in a leaf )
- Hinava (type of wild ginger that grows in the jungles of Sabah)
- Bambangan (type of wild mango and endemic to Sabah)
- Tuhau in pickled form (wild ginger that grows in the jungles of Sabah)
The place is easy to spot as it is right in the middle of the city, to be precise, just next to promonade hotel, Kota Kinabalu.
Price wise, I can see it is affordable but it depends on the quantity and types of food that you ordered.
If you are allow to drink alcohol, then you should try their signature happy juice drink.
They serve no pork
6.00pm to 11.00pm
Punya Sadap’s Location
Located at Asquare Container Night Market, just few steps from Promenade Hotel Kota Kinabalu.
Social Media Account
Be sure to check out Sabah Food Directory for list of eatery places around Sabah